Ideal for builders and a range of trades, surveyors, estimators, architects, developers, and local government and public authorities.
- Intended as a guide to pricing typical mid-scale new work projects up to around £1m and mid to small-scale alterations and repairs projects around £50,000.
- Up-to-date with plant and material costs at third quarter 2022.
- Labour costs incorporating latest wage agreements from the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) and the Joint Industry Board for Plumbing and Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- UK-average prices with location factors to enable more accurate regional pricing.
- Approximate estimating section with average facility benchmarking costs.
- New Works and Repairs and Alterations sections.
Griffiths also has advice on preliminaries which can only be priced when specific circumstances are factored in, including site administration and security, water, lighting and power for the works, temporary arrangements for telephones, accommodation, and traffic regulation.
Although it has been superseded by SMM7 and more recently by NRM2, Griffiths is still updated in accordance with the 6th Edition of the Standard Method of Measurement SMM6, due to its continued popularity and comfort of use among our readers.
- Excavation and Earthwork
- Concrete Work
- Brickwork and Blockwork
- Rubble Walling
- Asphalt Work
- Structural Steelwork
- Plumbing and Mechanical Engineering Installations
- Floor, Wall and Ceiling Finishes
- Painting and Decorating
- Civil Engineering
- External Works
- Approximate Estimating